- look – cover – write – GUESS” NO
- look – analyse – explicitly teach – understand – empower YES
- Empower your students to become great spellers for life
- “I know this student can’t spell, I don’t know how to help them?
- Bring samples of your students’ work, so real spelling problems can be solved during the session.
- Continual spelling assessment is crucial for a successful spelling program.
This workshop shows teachers how to;
- assess students’ spelling
- analysis the mistake
- determine where to start
- determine which spelling strategies need to be taught
- develop strategies for individual students
- whole school approach
Teachers will learn how to assess spelling, and how to manage a classroom to ensure regular assessment of spelling occurs. Teachers will learn how to use this spelling assessment to match students to appropriate spelling strategies and rules, so word lists become meaningful, thus ensuring greater gains with spelling. Spelling will be taught using a variety of multi-sensory techniques.
Regular spelling assessment is crucial to any successful spelling program as it assists teachers in determining appropriate teaching points according to the needs of individual students.
See you there!